Friday, August 31, 2012

Daniel Craig Covers British Esquire October 2012

  With his new movie "Skyfall" set to hit theaters on November 9th, Daniel Craig got a jumpstart on promotions by covering the October 2012 issue of British Esquire magazine.

  The 44-year-old English actor looked suave for the Terry O'Neill shot front page while dishing about the '007' franchise and his successful career in front of the cameras.

  Highlights from Mr Craig's interview are as follows. For more, be sure to pay a visit to British Esquire!

Daniel Craig

Daniel Craig


  On the difference between blockbuster roles and lower-budget endeavors:
  “Bond movies live or die on their popularity. They force you to care about what people think. And I’m involved [in the films] on a very deep level. I have it in my mind all the time…So there’s that kind of pressure, and that’s an enemy in any art form, acting especially.”

  On his role in getting Sam Mendes to direct the latest Bond installment:
  “It’s a very showbizzy story. I was at Hugh Jackman’s house in New York. It was a soiree – we were in a play together – and Sam [film and theatre director Sam Mendes] was there. I’d had a few too many drinks and I went, ‘How do you fancy directing a Bond?’ And he kind of looked at me, and he went, ‘Yeah!’ And it snowballed from there.”

No comments:

Post a Comment